Perfect Cup of Keto Coffee
Keto coffee is quite a bit healthier than your average breakfast, and it has the calories to match.
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 cups coffee
- 2 tablespoons grass fed unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons good quality MCT Oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Optional)
- Brew 2 cups worth of coffee into a large container using your favorite method. Try to choose something large enough (like a measuring jug) to eliminate spilling when we blend it.
- If you’re using a pour over method, my recommendation is to grind to the size of kosher salt (or a bit smaller). Fill your coffee filter and wet the coffee with a little bit of water, allowing around 30 seconds for it to “bloom”. Then brew normally by pouring the water in a circular motion, carefully making sure the coffee isn’t swimming in water.
- Grab your butter, MCT oil (or coconut oil), and immersion blender. You can mix this in a regular blender if you want to, but I feel like it’s more hassle than it’s worth to clean in a normal blender.
- Cut off 2 Tbsp. of grass fed butter. I’m surprised at how few people use the packages markings – just cut into it, they work! I personally prefer salted butter, but many don’t. Feel free to start with unsalted first to test it out.
- Drop in the butter, add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, and plunk in the 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or MCT oil if you’re using it) as well.
- Mix it all together with your immersion blender. Usually between 45-60 seconds gets a great frothy cap on the top. Make sure to move the immersion blender up and down to emulsify all of the fat into the coffee. This also aerates the mixture some, adding additional froth. Note: You can do all of this with a normal blender bottle and a blender ball – but the fats won’t be as emulsified, so you may need to shake every few minutes.
- Watch out when you’re pouring with the froth on top (it can drip down the side), but your ketoproof coffee is finished! Measure it out into your favorite mug and drink away.
- 260 Calories
- 27.7g Fats,
- 1.05g Net Carbs
- 1.08g Protein.